How do you get in Ţara Dornelor?
Ţara Dornelor, the land located in the valleys where the waters of the Bistrita and Dorna flow fast, is guarded by some of the most interesting peaks in the Carpathians: the massive peaks of the Suhard and Giumalău Mountains to the north, the crenellated ridge of the Pietrosu Bistriței Massif to the west, while to the south rise the lofty peaks of the Călimani Mountains.
Vatra Dornei town is the main center for services and connections in the area.
- on the E576/DN17 Suceava – Vatra Dornei – Bistriţa-Năsăud
- nn the DN17B /DN15 from Piatra Neamț or the DN18 from Maramureş
- Vatra Dornei Băi station on the Cluj-Napoca to Suceava route
- from Bucharest you can travel by sleeping car to Vatra Dornei.
Distance from airports:
- Bucharest 421 km;
- Cluj 201 km;
- Târgu Mureș 171 km;
- Suceava 120 km (nearest airport to Vatra Dornei).