Be curious, ask and find out about species of plants and animals that live their wildlife here, in the heart of nature. The first stop is to be made at Visitors’ Center of Calimani National Park, at a distance of 11 km from Vatra Dornei, in Saru Dornei main village on the main access road to Calimani massif. Modern and interactive the center is open for the public from Monday to Friday between the interval of time 10 a.m.- 2 p.m. During summer or on weekends the Rangers of the park are eager to answer to your curiosities about the amazing volcanic area of Calimani National Park. To reveal the secrets of the five springs of mineral water in Tara Dornelor, to help you with maps, leaflets or books to keep the all ages tourists informed and make them join the meaningful designed trails.
Well-spent time. At Visitors’ Center of Calimani National Park anyone may enjoy:
- indoors interactive exhibition;
- handmade crafts as souvenirs shop;
- a photo gallery depicting the old way of living of local people;
- film projecting hall;
- outdoors games for children and adults;
- an observation tower for birdwatching through lens (birdwatching);
- the traditional little house of the cowman decorated with old objects from the local people;
- thematic path in the yard of the center;
- thematic path in Saru Dornei turf moor.