Nature’s pure energy!
Dorna Eco is a rural, eco-touristic camping settled in between mountains, near Vatra Dornei resort. The camping is situated amidst nature, right at the foot of Ousoru Peak (1639 m) in Suhard Mountains, outlooking towards Calimani and Rodnei Mountains, just a few steps away from Dorna River and not far from the forest.
Here you may enjoy the view, the calmness and the fresh air, go hiking in the surroundings or visit the tourist attractions in Tara Dornelor and the rest of Bucovina region.
✔️ Facilities – camping pitches for motor homes, caravans and tents:
- spacious camping pitches of 100 sqm each, lined by trees and partially covered with gravel;
- modern toilets and hot water showers;
- equipped kitchen, where the guest can cook their own meal;
- drinking water;
- electric connection;
- motor home/caravan service point (black and grey water discharge);
- grill and fire pit area;
- night lighting;
- video supervision;
- free Wi-Fi Internet;
- bikes rental.
🔆 Special features:
- open all year round;
- pets are allowed in certain conditions;
- organic products from the hosts’ own farm or local producers are available upon request;
- camping managers speak English, French and German;
- there are two shops and a local market nearby;
- there are also restaurants at 3-5 km distance;
- the hosts of the eco camping also own an outdoor shop in Vatra Dornei (www.basecamp.ro), from where those interested may buy/rent outdoor gear.
There are many outdoor activities options in the area. Here are just a few of them:
- hiking to the nearby forest;
- hiking trip to Ousoru Peak;
- hiking trip to the 12 Apostles Nature Reserve in Calimani Mountains;
- one day trips in Suhard, Calimani National Park, Rodnei National Park, Giumalau, Bistritei Mountains;
- round trip on TransRarau, the road crossing Rarau Mountain, and the Lady’s Stones;
- hiking in Poiana Stampei Peat Bog;
- hiking on a part of Via Transilvanica route, which passes nearby;
- trip to Colibita Lake;
- stroll in Ciocanesti open-air museum village of painted houses;
- trip to Bucovina painted monasteries (Sucevita, Moldovita, Putna, Voronet, Humor);
- ride on “Hutulca” steam train in Moldovita;
- zip-line riding at Palma (the longest zip-line in the country);
- tourist attractions in Vatra Dornei: the Museum of Ethnography, the Central Park filled with squirrels, chairlift, mineral water springs;
- other activities: cycling, mountain biking, Nordic walking, horseback riding, swimming, fishing, river rafting, canoeing, zip-line riding, sightseeing flight etc.
- furthermore, there are many interesting events in the area: festivals, concerts, sports competitions, throughout the entire year.
Important additional information from Ella and Adrian Dediu, the hosts of Dorna Eco Camping:
We highly appreciate nature, quietness and cleanliness, and we have some similar expectations from our guests. We kindly ask our guests to contact us by phone in order to check availability or make reservations.
Note: As member of a local ecotourism network, Dorna Eco Camping supports Tara Dornelor’s sustainable preservation. By staying here, you also support the local community’s growth.
🗺️ Location: 1039, Dealu Floreni village, Dorna Candrenilor, Suceava county
🛌 Accommodation capacity: spacious plots of 100 sqm each, delimited and partially paved;