Life of wild animals is best “read” in winter. The forests are open books where you can discover the printed traces of wild animals, such as bear, wolf, male deer and female deer, wild boar, and lynx. For the nature lovers, finding these marks on snow brings moments of deep satisfaction and motivation to carry on searching, despite the cold that bites without mercy. Even if it is winter, the owl and the capercaillie are often rewardingly met on the way for those who adventure themselves on the mountain paths.
Călimani National Park is unique due to its relief, flora and fauna, thus offering reasons to visit it in any of the seasons. Yet, in winter the cross-country skiing through the immaculate snow can give you unforgettable experiences; and having a specialized guide during the observation of nature, there are big chances to discover the traces of wild animals and be initiated in the secrets and the habits of creatures of the woods. Do not miss this opportunity!
Place: Călimani National Park
The trail will be chosen depending on the desired period and weather conditions.
- Availability: November – May
- Duration: about 7 hours (with breaks for resting and traditional snack)
– 8:00 a.m setting off from Vatra Dornei
– 08:00 – 15:00 performing the round trip trail and lunch break
- Number of participants: minimum 1 person, maximum of 3 people
- Included services: guide, cross-country ski equipment, transportation transfer, snack
- Needed equipment: Specific outfit, gloves and ski glasses, backpack
- Price: from120 lei/person (depending on the number of people)
Notice: Details concerning the organization and developing of the activity will be settled the very moment of booking.
Phone: 0744 571 889